This is a programme which assists adults wishing to be incorporated into the life of Christ and His Church. The adults registers with the Registration Form in the church for the RCIA programme and they are helped through the year by the RCIA team of catechists and Priests. After the Catechumenate receives detailed explanation and training of the creed, sacraments, commandments, the Bible and the prayer life of the Church, the candidate receives the sacraments of Adult Baptism, the Eucharist and Confirmation at Easter.
Guidelines for Catechumenate
- He or she must be ready to attend faith formation on all Sundays from June till Easter.
- Normally the session is for one hour. Full Day sessions are conducted on three Sundays a year
- An affidavit for adults is essential. Children are exempted.
- All must wear white garments on the day of Easter.
- All adults will receive Baptism, Confirmation and Communion on Easter day.
- After a month they can receive Confession.
- Children will receive Baptism only
- After Baptism, it is recorded in the Registration Book and a certificate will be issued
- After Baptism Sunday Mass is compulsory .
- After Baptism recording in the book of registration and you can get a certificate